AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
New models should be released later this fall (Sep/Oct).
That's it JD? No inside info? Do you think production could be delayed in light of current events? Any new groundbreaking technology or features? (I"ve been out of the loop a little...).

·
Registered
12,254 Posts
My Denon rep told me that due to the general weak, global economy and turmoil in China for internal components, they will hold up release for their new models till January, 2021(WCES).
Note that there is a lot of inventory of current models in the pipeline and to move these through will require some significant cost decreases..

Just my $0.02... ;)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Sound United should be releasing new model information later this summer.
My Denon rep told me that due to the general weak, global economy and turmoil in China for internal components, they will hold up release for their new models till January, 2021(WCES).
Note that there is a lot of inventory of current models in the pipeline and to move these through will require some significant cost decreases..

Just my $0.02... ;)

Have either of you heard more at least somewhat solid facts about new models?

My interest is an update to the AV7705 Marantz or the CX-A5200 Yamaha, but I'm sure others here have other interests.

The world seems to be turned upside-down right now, but perhaps some companies have firm plans in place.

·
Premium Member
91,452 Posts
Have either of you heard more at least somewhat solid facts about new models?

My interest is an update to the AV7705 Marantz or the CX-A5200 Yamaha, but I'm sure others here have other interests.

The world seems to be turned upside-down right now, but perhaps some companies have firm plans in place.
Yes. It's been reported in the HDMI 2.1 thread (look here for screen captures of the new Denon models ---> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3061882-where-all-hdmi-2-1-avrs.html) , Sound United (Denon/Marantz) is expected to make a 2020 model release announcement within the next week or two regarding the new Denon models with the new Marantz models announced maybe a month or so later. Someone leaked the new Denon models on their Facebook page last week (which was removed within hours) and Denon Germany has already posted the new Denon models (which also have now been removed), so most likely they should be available later this summer with the Marantz models again maybe a month or two later but will have to wait for the official Sound United announcement on both brands.

No info available on Yamaha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts