AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The specs on these two look very similar. Can anyone see any differences besides the .08% vs .05% thd or the learning remote? Enough to account for $200 difference?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Other notable differences that I can see are that the 2106 is XM ready. The 2805 has AL 24 processing which is supposed to upsample the front 2 channels. This may not be important to you but the 2805 has a 2-line display which IMHO makes it look much better, buto each his own.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you, waiting for the 2106. The 2805 has a couple more inputs, so if you have a ton of gear, that could sway you to the higher model. I suspect they will sound very similar. I'll probably try to A/B them (blindly of course) at MagHiFi prior to making the decision. I'm hoping that I can't tell the difference sonically, since the 2106 is $200 cheaper.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Now that the 2106 (886) is out, does anyone have an opinion on whether it is better than the 2805 (985)?

(Seeing as there is no 2806 yet, or ever.)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Quote:
Now that the 2106 (886) is out, does anyone have an opinion on whether it is better than the 2805 (985)?

(Seeing as there is no 2806 yet, or ever.)
The last I heard is that there is no plans for a 2806. Apparently, the 2106 will fill that gap in the lineup. Has anyone heard differently?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Decisions, decisions. Magnolia has the 2805 advertised in an after Christmas sale for $600. It is silver though if color matters. Comparing data sheets to see if there are any feature differences that would matter to me. At least they both have phono inputs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.