AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm in the process of buying a receiver for my home. I find it hard to find the receiver with the complete specs I want. No matter which receiver I've found there's always a spec or feature missing.

I have determined to get the best receiver I can afford to safely buy a full spec'd avr. I really have had luck with networking my windows pc's to my entertainment center. I stream a lot of content this way to my older hdmi Sony receiver. I would like to move further though and add in an audessy feature, on screen GUI, iPod app, and zone 2. Adding things like spotify and Ethernet will help.

I just can't seem to figure my best route. My options are the Onkyo 609, Yamaha 671, denon 1912 and even the pioneer 1022.

Now a days some are hard to find but they range in price from 300-450. I need to stay under 450ish for it to feel a warranted upgrade. Are any of the new models in this price range?

I have stumbled upon accessoriess4less.com and witnessed a few good reviews on this site. Is it worth it to just buy from them. I know the 609 has had issues, so I don't know of this is a headache or not.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts
AC4L has been around over 10 years and is often recommended in this forum for refurb purchases. Denon warranty when purchased from them has increased from 90 days to 1 year and your credit card may add an additional year for 2 full years (Amex does this for sure). Note however, that if you want the on board Spotify (as opposed to streaming from phone app), you would need the newer 1913 as the XX13 models will be the first with on board Spotify. Also note that the XX12 models are on clearance, so you can likely get better deals if you pick up the phone and "call" several of the authorized Denon resellers listed on Denon's website to include (AV Science, Electronics Expo, and J&R).

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I think you may find that they are not an authorized dealer and you will therefore NOT get the factory warranty from them in many cases.

Factory warranties are automatic and you do not "buy" them.

The warranties these gray-market discounters give or sell are from third parties, not the manufacturer, and lots of luck actually getting any satisfaction from them when something goes wrong.

You can get the Onkyo TX-NR709 from Amazon for $450, with the factory warranty. It has full pre-outs which are a good thing to have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts