AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I',ve had my receiver for 2 years(?) or so when the other day I put thumb drive into the usb slot and nothing happened. I wasn't sure if I could just play sme video that was downlo on the drive. I had a friend over and it didn't work so we just went to play something else on the Denon. After the movie i noticed my fron display was not illuminated and thought it went dark because of some interaction with the usb port. Well I can't get any lghts on. The power switch is on it is the panel not lit. Any suggestions? I pushed all kinds of buttons with no result. I know not scientific or smart but pushed them i did. I can get the guide on my tv display but that is not handy.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
93,225 Posts
First note that USB input is "audio" only. Second, does the front panel display for a few seconds and then go dark or not at all? If the former, you have it in PURE DIRECT mode, so simply select a MOVIE or MUSIC mode by pressing/holding that button on the Denon remote and then select another surround mode. If the latter, you may have to reset the microprocessor (p. 129 OM) to return the unit to factory settings.

Also note there is a dedicated thread for the Denon XX12 models. Refer to posts #3-6 for more helpful information.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_100#post_20422026

1 - 2 of 2 Posts