AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever take there 2112CI to a factory repair center to get the firmware update?

How long did it take? And did it fix future firmware updates from your home network.

I don't want to have to take this thing in every time I need an update. This receiver is basically brand new. Got it in November new from Best Buy. So it's not a refurb. I am guessing this is a know problem with these receivers.

·
Premium Member
90,740 Posts
If you review post #6 in the Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig, you'll note that a firmware update back in Jan 2012 fixed an issue with the firmware update process with the 2112CI. Installing the update should resolve any future update issues although installing the most recent update back in May will also include all prior updates as well. If you have an authorized repair facility in your local area, they may be able to do the update while you wait, depending on their work load, so just call them and see if they can accommodate you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you review post #6 in the Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig, you'll note that a firmware update back in Jan 2012 fixed an issue with the firmware update process with the 2112CI. Installing the update should resolve any future update issues although installing the most recent update back in May will also include all prior updates as well. If you have an authorized repair facility in your local area, they may be able to do the update while you wait, depending on their work load, so just call them and see if they can accommodate you.
The 1912 model was getting a firmware update via the network... something happened it failed. update failure 56.
According to Denon just hold the power button 5 seconds and it will resume the update. It did not. I reset the MPU several times to no avail. Left connected to the net, it never auto updated, or restarted. No OSD now, or just a blue graphics screen no text at all. I tried updating firmware using the web app, but there is no firmware update feature on it, unlike the AVR-3312 which has that FW update feature on the web app.

So no way to get it updated. No OSD, No web app feature... what to do.

I thought on this for a day or so. Then, it suddenly occurred to me I could control 2 AVR1912s with one remote. So I watched the second 1912 menu OSD while I used the remote for both AVRs, with the failed unit connected to the net.

Voila!!! was able to successfully update it. All is well, once again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts