AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought a new Denon 2309CI a couple months ago, I have a Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-Ray and a Scientific American 8300HDP High Def cable box.

I have both components connected to the Receiver via HDMI - and from the receiver to a Sony kdl-52v5100 lcd tv HDMI input.

I am noticing an issue that is becoming very annoying. Looks like the brightness of the video signal coming from the receiver from both cable and blu-ray is not stable. For example I might be watching a dark scene and then all of a sudden the signal gets darker and then a few seconds goes back to normal, on brighter scenes the issue is less obvious but I notice the slight change in brightness every time. It is becoming a very annoying issue, thats why I bought a new receiver to take advantage of the HDMI switching but so far it is very disappointing, not sure if its an issue with the hdmi cable or the receiver.

Thanks for your assistance,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I talked to Denon and they suggested that It could be the tv, I did not think about it, I will connect both source components to the tv and check if it does it again. It is so annoying since its my first flat screen tv. thanks again

·
Registered
635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/20676576

well, first off it's a Denon guide, not an Audyssey guide
the Audyssey stuff is just a subset, and the OSD showing up over HDMI is really independent of the Audyssey stuff.

second, where do I say that OSD doesn't go over HDMI? what model AVR do you have? In general the OSD will show up over HDMI no problem. So I think your question is a non issue.

I have a 2309CI. If I turn on the AVR and put the TV on input 7 nothing is on the screen. I tried a Blue ray but now have no HDMI thru put. I have checked and do not have any HDMI output (I do not have the L/R speakers conneted to the AVR). In connecting up my new Energy C C 10 I disconneted my C-100s and the HDMI cable got pulled out. I reinserted the cable and now I get nothing thru put from the Denon???? Have I screwed up something on the Denon or do I just wait until I have enough wire to reconnect the L/R speakers. I am not very happy about the way HDMI sockets and cables loosely attach to the TV and AMP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.