AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any reason not to buy this receiver? other than no pre-outs. Its either 2309 or the onkyo 706. ive done a lot of research and im leaning on buying the 2309. ive listened to both and they both sound good to me. IM STUCK!

·
Registered
68 Posts
There's really no reason not to buy the 2309ci. I have the Denon 889 (the slightly cheaper but virtually identical brother of the 2309ci) and it's fantastic!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i love my 2309...if i had to do it over i might save a few bucks more and go to the 2809 to get more power...but i am very happy with the denon Ci line.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I just bought one back in Dec and BOY it is fantastic . Audio has never sounded so good. I was watching Star Wars The Clone Wars on ToonHD last Friday and the sound was so rich and filing and just sounded better then any other Denon receiver I'v owned.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMc73 /forum/post/15542731

Sorry to ask noob questions, but what are the "pre" outs for?

im a noob too but i guess there for adding a external amp for more power

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have a small living room and i will be using the receiver for movies and sports. im pretty sure this will have enough power i wont need a external amp. Anybody agree? and any opinions on the 2309 vs. the onkyo 706

1 - 10 of 10 Posts