AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm upgrading from my trusty old Denon 3806. I want more HDMI inputs(4 would be enough), improved audio calibration, and the ability to decode all the new surround formats. Keeping in mind those are the only new features I require, all 3 receivers have them, so even the 2310 fits the bill feature-wise. If I did require the use of the 5th HDMI input on the front, I could relegate the HD DVD player to that one, hooking up only when used(once in a blue moon).

From everything I've read, the sound quality difference between the 2310, and 3310 isn't a big deal, and since the 3310 is $350 more, I see no reason to get it over the 2310. However, being a bit of a perfectionist, I can't help but wonder how much better the 4310 sounds, and if it's worth twice the price of the 2310.

So really this thread to my mind is the 2310 vs the 4310, unless I missed something in the 3310, or under-estimate the AQ difference.

My speakers are Klipsch reference series(RF7 mains), I listen mainly to movies, TV, some video games and rock concerts. Think that just about covers it, any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plissken99 /forum/post/18239599

I'm upgrading from my trusty old Denon 3806. I want more HDMI inputs(4 would be enough), improved audio calibration, and the ability to decode all the new surround formats. Keeping in mind those are the only new features I require, all 3 receivers have them, so even the 2310 fits the bill feature-wise. If I did require the use of the 5th HDMI input on the front, I could relegate the HD DVD player to that one, hooking up only when used(once in a blue moon).

From everything I've read, the sound quality difference between the 2310, and 3310 isn't a big deal, and since the 3310 is $350 more, I see no reason to get it over the 2310. However, being a bit of a perfectionist, I can't help but wonder how much better the 4310 sounds, and if it's worth twice the price of the 2310.

So really this thread to my mind is the 2310 vs the 4310, unless I missed something in the 3310, or under-estimate the AQ difference.

My speakers are Klipsch reference series(RF7 mains), I listen mainly to movies, TV, some video games and rock concerts. Think that just about covers it, any input is greatly appreciated.

I went from the "2" series to the "4" series and the sound quality improved is not subtle. It is not just more porwer, it is a better power suply, in my model, individual power suplies for each channel and so on.

All these small changes add up to deliver better dynamics, clarity, channel separation and overall surround experice as well as better stereo performance.

So, if you have the $$$ go for the "4" series. You will not be disapointed with your investment.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I found a Best Buy here that had both the 3310, and the 4310 on display and set up for A-B comparison, I went and listened to both of them back to back with an Audioslave CD and the big floorstanding Definitive speakers(closest thing to what I have). The 4310 clearly sounded superior. There was clearly more seperation with the instruments, the singers voice was much more pronounced on the 4310.

So, just need to wait a month or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts