Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I have just finished setting up with my New Sim2DM, which I am in general extremely pleased with.

I decided to build a HTPC to use as a high end DVD player but the problem is a very difficult interface for the rest of the family.

Kids (Grandparents babysitting) etc.

So I am now trying a Denon 2800 on loan from a friendly local AV supplier.

However I am not able to get any results via the Component outputs. It may be a faulty hardware (Ive checked the lead--OK) but it may also be some setting I am missing.

Anyone got this setup ?????

I can of course get results via the svhs output but these are definitely inferior to my HTPC and I was hoping that the Component output would give me a better comparable picture.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by whaler
Hello All

I have just finished setting up with my New Sim2DM, which I am in general extremely pleased with.

I decided to build a HTPC to use as a high end DVD player but the problem is a very difficult interface for the rest of the family.

Kids (Grandparents babysitting) etc.

So I am now trying a Denon 2800 on loan from a friendly local AV supplier.

However I am not able to get any results via the Component outputs. It may be a faulty hardware (Ive checked the lead--OK) but it may also be some setting I am missing.

Anyone got this setup ?????

I can of course get results via the svhs output but these are definitely inferior to my HTPC and I was hoping that the Component output would give me a better comparable picture.
whaler,

Sounds to me like you are probably missing some setup within your projector. All the ouputs of the 2800 are live at the same time, even with progressive-scan turned on. Have you checked to see if you get a component output picture when setting the Denon to interlaced output? I would also check your projector manual to see if the component input you are using can accept a 480p signal, or if you need to manually disable any line doubling as well. I could be wrong, but I remember another model projector by the same company specifying that the line doubler would only work with a 480p signal through the VGA input - it had to be disabled with the component.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DBNyack,

Thanks for the ideas -- that sounds like it could be the answer but I cannot see anyway of disabling the line doubler in the Sim2HT200DM,

I checked the Denon set to both progressive and interlaced outputs (it seemed like it was all I could change) and got no signal at all when in interlaced and just noise in progressive.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Check the Projector menu. There are seperate selections for progressive and interlaced signals.

Press the O/AV switch (just above P+ switch).

Progressive Select #6 YCrCb 32khz

Interlaced Select #4 YCrCb 15khz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I forgot to mention that I realised the projector had to be switched between 4 and 6 inputs (interlaced and progressive) but still no pictuere from either.

I am starting to think it was a faulty Denon2800 (now Returned).

Thanks for your ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.