AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Denon 2800 DVD player is running the latest 5250 firmware (I checked that in the normal way), yet is multi-zone. I thought that for multizone, you needed one of the modified versions (2xxx or 1xxx) of the firmware, or am I confused?

I do note that the Asia-Pacific 2800 (Zone 4) and the UK one (Zone 2) are the same machine. Comes with power cables for both countries (as well as refering to both in the manual) and there's a "Zone 2" clearly on the outside of the box, but is defintely multizone having played Zone 4 and Zone 1 DVDs last night.

Can any one explain?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Three possible explanations:

1. Your 5250 firmware has been multi-regionised.

2. Your player has been hardware modified by your dealer.

3. Usually all region 4 DVDs have region 2 coding too and some region 1 DVDs are actually region 0. What region 1 movies did you try?

Magnus

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried a wide range of region 1 DVDs e.g. Toy Story 2, Jurasic Park III, Matrix, Harry Potter and they all work fine. I guess I'll see if the dealer can give me an answer next time I'm in the shop.

·
Registered
108 Posts
zanado,

I don't suppose you found any answer?

I'm in the UK with a 2800 flashed with the 2248 firmware for multi-region/PAL progressive.

Unfortunately it seems to have bad lip sync problems (PAL & NTSC), and I've been hoping I may be able to fix this with later firmware.

Does anyone know if I can download 2250 anywhere (or even try 5250)?

I really don't want to sell this player, but I think I'll have to if I can't get rid of the sync problems.

Cheers,

Richard

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I really want a 576p-enabling firmware which fixes the lip-sync problem too.

I guess the 2800 isn't a priority to the hackers any more.

Tor Arne

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi,

I have the CD ROM that uses Denon to modifie the dvd player to multiregion, but I never looked at which version of firmware it was.

I do not modifie them my self, it is done by other person, so my question is a little stupid.

How can I see the firmware downloaded ?

I ask this because I never thinked about havin PAL progressive with this unit, since I asked it to Denon wen it was first launch and at that moment it was not possible, and as you mnetion here now it seems to have changed.

Thank you.

Julio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.