AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, but I'm one of those that just puts in the DVD and hits play. I haven't had problems with my Denon 2800 till now. It seems that recently my DVD's will work fine until about 50% through, then play just stops. I checked the owners manual and other than "clean the DVD", there doesn't seem to be clue as to what is happening. Suggestions?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have all of a sudden gotten quite a few 2800 problems.

On 'inseperable' the thing paused between chapters 10 and 11...No matter how many times I would re-start the machine it would lock up there...I had to go into chapter 12 and rewind until it froze, then play and wait for it to start working..

'Black Pearl' menu would stutter at such a slow pace it would take 15 minutes to get to the buttons. Had to completely unplug..etc..to get it to function..rest of disk worked ok.

Turned on 'Underworld' last night and the DVD screen (blue) just stayed there, then all of a sudden it all went black except for about the top 1/6 of the screen...still had the blue pattern form the DVD screen...

This has all started happening in the last month...had this thing since it first came out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The only suggestion I can offer is to clean the actually laser with on of the cleaning disc that have small brushes glued on the disc itself other than that sorry to hear of your problems

cheers laurie

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the unit sent back to Denon 3 weeks ago. The first time this happened (6/03) I fought it for 2-3 months and then took the unit to a local dealer and they sent it back. It took a month and when it came back it worked for about a month's worth of use and it started happening again.

This time I thought why waste my time. I believe it will be covered under warranty again and it should be back in a couple weeks.

I'll keep everyone posted as to how this story turns out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.