AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to be able to have a 5.1 set up in one room and a 2-ch set up in a second with the 2803. Does the fact that it is 6.1, rather than 7.1 mean

a) I can't do this

b) I can do it, but they won't be able to be playing at the same time (which is fine)

c) I can do it, but there will be some kind of major hassle I'm not aware of.

Please let me know how I would set this up and how it would work.

I know this is a simple question, but I want to be sure I know what's up before I make a stupid purchase and realize there are obstacles I hadn't forseen.

Thanks!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe my question is so dumb, no one can bear to answer.

How about this. Can I just plug a pair of speakers into the B speaker terminals, set the machine to 2-ch, select the B speakers and go to town?

I assume this is correct. It will work fine as long as I don't insist on having both sets of main speakers playing at the same time. Am I right?

Anyone.... Bueller?

·
Registered
303 Posts
With the 3803, there is a clear set of speaker plugs for zone two or rear channels. You choose which you want through the setup menu. According to Denon's website pdf file, it looks like you can do the same. There is a clear set of speaker plugs for zone two and surround back. Use the menu to choose to treat those as zone two speaker outputs.

You should be able to do what you want...play at the same time without much of a hassle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.