AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this a good receiver or is there something better close in price.

Sold old equipment and unfortunatley not kept up with where everything is at.

Kept existing infinity speakers not sure of model #'s an energy powered sub.

Using for new hitachi hd tuner tv.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I own a 2803 driving Paradigm Monitors in a 30x22x8 room. I love the receiver very good sounding warm and has tones of power. It is built like a tank. I run Monitor 11's 2 pairs of 7's cc-370 and all of the floorstanders are set to large and I have no problems with this receiver driving them. My movies The highest I go is -20 db and for music -12db. Another receiver to check out would be the Yamaha RX-V1400 same price range. Also since the 3805 is coming out you can get the 3803 for around $700-$800 now.

Overall it is a fantastic receiver, and has gotten nothing but excellent reviews.

Golden-Eagle!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Thanks for the positive review. I have just ordered a 2803 and am hoping to be satisfied with it.

It should be here next week.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The only "problem" the 2803 has is that it leaves you wishing you would have spent $200 more to get the 3803!!! :)

but a great receiver ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Where did you see the 3803 from an authorized dealer online for $700-800? The cheapest I can find is about $1,000 and not much less :(.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm down to two choices.... the Denon 2803 or the Okyno TX-SR701 and I keep going back and forth. I have Klipsch 35 series speakers. Anyone willing to give me their two cents....

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have my 2803 powering my Infinity Reference 2000.6, CC-3 center and 4 (that's right four) klipsch quintet surrounds in my 22x20x17(vaulted ceilings) family room. It sounds great, but I find that I run movies at -12db and music is variable depending on the source. Analog input seems to require higher volume, but I never run out of power. Great receiver!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've seen it for $700-800 on ebay, audiogon... but yes, I guess if you want to buy it from an authorized retailer, brand new, then no way you could find it for that.

A friend has the 3803 running Klipsch 35 and it sounds amazing. Too bad he decided to get two 12-inch JBL subs and those sound like total crap :(...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeMac
is this a good receiver or is there something better close in price.
I'm quite happy with mine driving Energy C3's and CC1. Briefly had a Marantz 6300 and the Denon compares very well. Given the speakers I was using I didn't see the need to trade up to the 3803.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.