AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the Pioneer 1015 and it was a huge upgrade from what I had. I am one of those people that does not want to always think maybe there is something better I should have gotten. I have already tried the HK 335 and did not like it. I have also narrowed down that the Pioneer is the best for the price as far as brand new goes. I know you can get a lot more reciever for the same price if you go refurb, so I am currently contemplating the Denon 2805. I can get the Denon for $500 from authorized reseller, but it is refurb. Has anyone ever had issues with refurbs? I understand you might get a DOA, but I am looking for info from people who have had their refurb models for awhile with no problems.

Is the Denon 2805 going to be much better than the Pioneer?

Should I be worried about a 90 Day Refurb warranty?

Should I be worried about buying refurb?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I'm not even sure that that 2805 would be an upgrade from the 1015, from a SQ perspective. If you feel you just have to do something, I second the idea of adding amps to the 1015 instead of a full switch to the 2805.

Tim

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the deal is that the Refurb Denon 2805 would be almost the same price as the Pioneer. I bought the Pioneer at BB for $450.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
I agree with the others, unless you don't like the Pio SQ, the Denon is a lateral, at best, move. The 3805 would be an upgrade.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, this might be a little off topic then, but the Pioneer seems like you have to turn it way up to get to proper listening levels, I mean I was listening to a CD at -8dB the other day, it was loud and sounded good but seems a little high on the volume level.

I understand room accoustic and speaker effiecency have a lot to do with this but still seems a little off.

Speakers are B&W 601 rated at 88dB is this an inefficient speaker? not sure what that number should be.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The Denon 2805 is an upgrade from the 1015 but only worth it if your not happy with the 1015.As for the volume control every receiver is different,I would not worry too much about what number it says.89db is considered average.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.