AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a little bit of info about these jacks on the "Remote Control" forum, but what I would like to know is if the Remote In jack can be used to hook up a small IR sensor which would feed the remote's signals into the receiver. My Denon is behind a cabinet door at about a 30-40 degree angle and has trouble seeing my remote. I'd like to put a small IR "eye" in a more open location and then plug the other end of the "eye" into the Denon's Remote In jack. Will this work? (I'm trying to avoid the pyramid devices).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, that should be the general idea. Take a look at the systems made by Xantech (on PartsExpress for example) or Niles Audio, available from several local stores. Usually, however, you have more than one item to be controlled. For example, a DVD player too.

Also most of the systems are modular, where you buy the sensor as well as a power supply, and a control unit or "connecting block" that takes one or more inputs from sensors (e.g. I am putting in a remote sensor in the kitchen) and several outputs, that can be "flashers" that send Infrared output to the sensor on the component, or directly plugged into the ports on higher end gear like your receiver. This provides a more clean setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.