AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would any microphone do for the auto setup process?

The dog destroyed mine as I was looking for my instructional manual! (Really!)

My friend has a Pioneer AVR and I wondered if I will get the same results if I used his microphone or must I start looking for a source to buy a replacement mic?

Thanks

Frank

·
Registered
180 Posts
I remember a thread similar to this one (different receiver) where the person bought the open box unit, or a return and it was missing a mic. Most people said not to use a mic from another system. Mainly because it may be calibrated to work with another systems hardware, blah blah. I would have to say IMHO though, that as long as you can revert it back to "normal" I don't think it would hurt to at least try.

·
Registered
610 Posts
You absolutely cannot use a different mic. The setup only works if it has the proper microphone to understand what it hears. Your best bet is to return to your dealer, explain your situation, and borrow the mic from their showroom model. Any good dealer should work something out with you considering you just dropped a load of money into their laps.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't see what harm there is in trying, even if it turns out terrible you can always revert back to "normal". Of course it is probably a better idea to talk to the dealer where you bought it and see if you can use theirs for a few hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.