AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just hooked up my denon 2808ci to my new rom and for some odd reason my sub is not working wth? could my sub be messed up? or is it possible that the jack on the denon is screwed up? the speakers are working but the sub is not... any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok update...i just hooked up that sub to my old home theater in a box reciever and it worked soo does this mean my denon is broken? or is there something i should turn onn or something... please any thing would be helpful

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok even futher of an update... I plugged it back into the reciever and i clicked on the middle button on the reciever called channel select volume... i went to SW (subwoofer) and it was at 0.00 DB so i put that up to 12db and now it works but only in the movie mode the sub does no play in stereo (2 channel mode) even though the sw symbol is on in the display. Is this normal? is there really supose to be no sub playing at 0.00 db all the other speakers are at 0.00 db and they still play just fine... im confused...

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
If your front speakers are set to large then this is proper operation. The sub should only be handling tru LFE (the .1) on true 5.1 or greater sources. Well any source with a real .1 channel anyways.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k i just found the problem it wasnt set to the right setting... fhew got scard for a sec

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
keep in mind you should not select a mode that sends the same information to your mains and your sub.

Lots of people do it, but it is considered audiophile taboo.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The wrong setting was the fact that the sub was not set to LFE+main i believe that's it.. Can you please go into more detail about what you just said johnndenver...

·
Registered
13,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB900 /forum/post/15481728

The wrong setting was the fact that the sub was not set to LFE+main i believe that's it.. Can you please go into more detail about what you just said johnndenver...

Lots of people use it this way. But technically, you want to set your mains to small so that content is only comming from the sub.

Mutlple speakers producing the same signal can cause undesired results in the overall response curve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts