AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my denon flashes 9 times green and thats it no display, nothing!!! what could be causing the problem?

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
I am assuming this is through HDMI?

Also you need to confirm the brand/model for the video display and source component before we can comment further..

Just my $0.01..

·
Registered
108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmasina /forum/post/18263787

my denon flashes 9 times green and thats it no display, nothing!!! what could be causing the problem?

three short, three long then three short?

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
These are often HDMI handshake issues. They can usually be resolved but not always. I would venture that most likely there is no malfuntion, if that's what your asking.

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
The green light flashing 9 times at start up is normal. The blanking of the display is possibly caused because the surround mode is in PURE DIRECT. If PURE DIRECT flashes before the display goes out, then press the STD key on the remote. If nothing displays at all upon power up, then do the Reset the Microprocessor (p. 60) procedure.

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
When the AVR shuts down in Protection Mode the red power ring will flash every 1/2 second to indicate that either there are speaker wires touching another post; driving 4 ohm speakers to loud, or amp failure. As you're having to replace a blown fuse that blew again, it's likely it's amp failure, although check your speaker wiring just to make sure.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i disconnected all the speaker wire and the amp still does it , how can i check the wire? my son touched the wire form the right front speaker !!! is replacing a amp expensive?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
called denon service center , the guy told me that the right channel needs to be replaced and it runs around 140!!! also he said they cant replace the whole amp whatever that means, anyway thanks for helping out!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i am fine with 140 as long as its not more, the service center is about 40 miles, i could drop it off if the shipping is to much

1 - 19 of 19 Posts