AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Marantz S2 DLP projector and am looking for a GREAT DVD player that doubles for 2 ch audio and maybe multichannel audio.

Am seriously considering the Denon 2900 for this role.

I've done a search here and learned a little. Anyone got firsthand experience/opinions on pros & cons of this unit?

I'm upgrading from a Marantz 7010 player that has served me well.

Thanks!

-Paul

·
Registered
309 Posts
I bought mine mainly for the audio and it has served me well. You may want to try the forthcoming Denon 5900 as well although I'm not up on the improvements the 5900 brings to the table.

My 2900 has worked very well for audio and video.

Do a search on this forum for lengthy threads on the unit when it came out. You'll get as much feedback as you can handle.

Regards

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I purchased the 2900 about one month ago and had it hooked up to a rptv via component and the picture was great. I am upgrading to a Infocus 7200 and just purchased a Bravo D1 player because of the DVI output.

The 2900 was a big upgrade from an older progressive Pioneer Dvd player that I was using before. It got rave reviews from the hometheaterhifi shootout. That was why I purchased it.

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
Well, mine on order, Can u pls let me know, best audio/video settings, and how come it is twice as big/heavier than 2200?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.