AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the Denon DVD-2900 for a several days now. I'm upgrading from a Pioneer 45A. I've really only been testing the audio on the 2900 so far, since I'm a newbie when it comes to video.

The one problem I'm noticing with the 2900 is on Fleetwood Mac's "Say You Will" DVD-A. It's not the audio, but the main menu and still picture that accompanies each track. The letters (words) are in red and I'm noticing that there are horizontal lines through them. The "Fleetwood Mac" in the main menu is really noticeable to the point where the individual letters (or the visible pieces of each letter) seem slightly misaligned. Note that the main menu is also using motion jpegs on the top half while the words/lettering is in the bottom half. The track name in the still picture which accompanies each track is not as bad, but is noticeable as you get closer to the tv. I don't know if this is the CUE or ICP problem or some other problem.

The 2900's video is set to progressive and mode 1. I'm using a Sony KP-57WS500 widescreen rptv. Setting the video to interlaced seems to smooth the problem out a bit, but it's still there. The problem was there with the Pioneer 45A, but I don't remember it being as noticeable, especially in the main menu part of the DVD-A.

Any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.