AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm comtemplating getting the 2900 with the level 1 mod from underwoodhifi. Is is worth it? What specifically do they do to the unit? I'm told they replace out the parts and connectors so that the entire analog path is upgraded. I'm just wondering what a difference I would hear between a stock one and a modded one. Anyone have this mod and care to comment?

Rob

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
someone must have expereince with this.

I'm wondering if I should just wait for the 5900...

would the mod be better for music over the 5900

what about the video...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi- If you look a little further down in this forum (under "AUDIO SHOOTOUT between Denon 2900 and Arcam) there is some talk about the 2900 and modding. I think I will be getting the 5900 (if it is as good as it appears on paper) and getting that modded for what I hope will be an excellent cd/sacd/dvda. Of course that is getting up there $$-wise-$2000 for the player and another $500-900 for mods, it might be the stock 5900 will sound good, but I'm sure the mods will make it a better player- but maybe not worth the extra money (in my system). Good luck, maybe someone with the 2900 mod will chime in, or the 5900 comes out in a couple weeks you could wait and see how that reviews.

·
Registered
518 Posts
biffybun,

I'm in the same boat as you. Since this is a fairly video oriented forum, Underwood's audio-oriented mods may not get much exposure. I've posted a similiar question to yours over at Audiogon. I'll let you know if anyone answers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.