AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My manual tells me how to adjust the "Pure Direct Mode" whereby it turns off the video output to achieve better sound quality. But it doesn't tell me how to turn PD Mode on? Anybody know how to turn "pure direct" ON?

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I appreciate the help. This is very enlightening. I guess I should have mentioned that my DVD player WAS a Denon 2900. Today, is is a TAW Digilink II, which WAS a Denon 2900. It has been modded to add the SDI output. I guess that the button you refer to was left out in the process. I need to figure out how to get it back. Hmmmmm.

· Registered
137 Posts
I see. I was wondering how you would miss that knob. But I do that all the time. I ask the wife where the mustard is. "It's on the second shelf". No it isn't I reply. Then she shows me - right in front of me. "How did I miss that?"

Did the mods change the front panel so there's no knob or did it change the knob function?

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no knob. My first thought was to take the panel off and find where the knob goes and put one there. Then I started thinking that this might have something to do with the SDI video output. It could be that the circuitry can't be turned off. It sent an e-mail off to Phil (formerly of TAW when they existed) to see if he might have some insight into the subject.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I think I have the answer for all of that are dying to know. I took the unit apart and though there is a place for that knob, the circuit board that it would attach to has been cut off at that point and no longer exists. Now I know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.