AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my first DVD audio title today. The problem I'm running into is that the 2910 will only send the sound to my receiver (Yamaha RX-V4600) via the 2Ch analog outputs.....no sound is being set through the optical output. The display shows all channels being output, but when the sound is being sent to the Yammy, it is only being sent via the analog outputs. When I play DVD-Video material I do not run into this issue at all....the sound is send in 5.1 via the optical to my receiver. Any suggestions? I'm really bummed.

Btw, I have the HDMI output on the Denon hooked directly to my Mitz TV. I thought this might be the issue and hence, I disconnected the HDMI output to see if this cured the problem.....it did not.

Please help. Tks

·
Registered
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPKID
I picked up my first DVD audio title today. The problem I'm running into is that the 2910 will only send the sound to my receiver (Yamaha RX-V4600) via the 2Ch analog outputs.....no sound is being set through the optical output. The display shows all channels being output, but when the sound is being sent to the Yammy, it is only being sent via the analog outputs. When I play DVD-Video material I do not run into this issue at all....the sound is send in 5.1 via the optical to my receiver. Any suggestions? I'm really bummed.

Btw, I have the HDMI output on the Denon hooked directly to my Mitz TV. I thought this might be the issue and hence, I disconnected the HDMI output to see if this cured the problem.....it did not.

Please help. Tks
DVD-A & SACD need to have the 5.1 analogue outputs connected to your amp/receiver. I have the following connections from my 2910 to 2805 [1] 2xRCA for L&R Stereo, [2] 5xRCA for DVD-A/SACD, [3] Coax & Optical for DVD-V

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozdvduser
DVD-A & SACD need to have the 5.1 analogue outputs connected to your amp/receiver. I have the following connections from my 2910 to 2805 [1] 2xRCA for L&R Stereo, [2] 5xRCA for DVD-A/SACD, [3] Coax & Optical for DVD-V
Thanks very much. Switching to the 5.1 analog outputs did the trick.

Here's an interesting thing I noticed. On my Eagles: Hotel California DVD-Audio disk the material is in what is termed as "Advanced Resolution 5.1"....which only works via the 5.1 analog outputs. My Dave Koz DVD however has the option of Advanced Resolution 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1 & DTS 5.1. My receiver will pick up the DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 via the optical input from the 2910.

I was original under the impression that only SACD required full-time analog connections, while DVD-Audio would support digital transmission via the optical out. Guess I was wrong.

Thanks again....its much appeciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.