AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Denon 1910, but it definitely has some issues. I have seen the green push on dark material (not terrible, but there if I really look for it). I don't have much macro blocking.

However, most annoying is that there is a sound sync problem somewhere between this player and my Optoma H77 front projector. The sync wanders between just about perfect and way off. It is consistent in that for any given section of video on a disk, the sound is always the same, whether well synced or not. I suspect there is some issue with the player, but I don't have any other DVI source to test with.

In any case, given the stellar review Secrets gave the 3910 and the preliminary good reviews most of the 2910 early adopters have given, I was thinking about picking up a 2910 to see if it fixes the sound and green push problems. Of course now that I am reading the manuals for the Sony and Panny players, I am wondering whether I should wait for either of these units. Each seems to have some convenience features missing from the 2910, and each will likely cost 1/2 of the 2910. On the other hand (based on the 3910 review), neither is likely to have better video quality (assuming my display does not accentuate macro blocking).

Any thoughts?

Ira

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
There is no way of knowing until the other players are available for testing. I suspect the Denon 2910 will have better PQ since 1) the 2910 has the almost the same PQ as the 3910 (which is at the top of the Secret's list), 2) the Panny will probably suffer the same fate as the other $300 Faroudja models, with MB problems (which Denon improved on their 2910 and 3910), and 3) Sony has its own proprietary deinterlacing chip, which is not well thought of. But again, only time will tell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.