AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is $800 a good price for the 3800? Would the 3800 be a huge upgrade from my current Toshiba SD5700? I am using redbook CDs and DVDs (I do not own any DVDAs or SACDs). I do have a HDTV monitor (a 32" Panasonic). Should I wait for the 2900?

·
Registered
479 Posts
You should wait for the 2900 only if you want SACD...otherwise its pretty much identical other than a few upgrades here and there. Its MSRP is $999 I believe...so on the street you will probably find it around that price a month or two after it comes out.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Any idea when Sony, Denon or Marantz will add dvi to their top dvd players. I am holding out hoping we will see one at CES 2004. Any comments. Thanks Greg Young

·
Registered
479 Posts
Marantz announced DVI on their DV-8400 which is the replacement for the 8300 coming out next month(??). Not sure if anything else has been upgraded (i.e. Pio 47a's MPEG decoder with CUE). I've heard that the Audio is very good though since they improved that side atleast.

-sonny

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I decided not to get the 3800 because the 2 that the dealer is selling for $799 were manufactured in Feb 2002, serial number series 202. I heard that there were some problems with the earlier models that were fixed around Oct 2002. Oh well, guess I will wait a little longer to purchase a new dvd player.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.