AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a repost ... Iam trying to figure out how to connect a EQ to my unit .... iam trying to eq the fronts , i posted this thread before , and didnt have very much luck with a response , hopefully this time i will have a little better luck, iam not even sure i will use the Eq , but i just would like to know how to connect it for testing purposes ,

thank you in advance

·
Registered
860 Posts
As far as I know, there would be no way of adding an EQ to the 3801 by itself as an EQ is usually added to the signal chain before amplification. However, if you use the 3801 as a pre/pro and take the left/right front channel low level outputs out of the 3801 and then into an EQ and then into an amplifier and then to your speakers that will work.

I myself have utilized my 3801 as a pre/pro with 5 monoblock amps for power and it works admirably!

Glenn

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Burgtgtp1973,

You have one more option besides Glenn's recommendation:

You can use your receiver's tape loop jacks. In this configuration, you have to connect the equalizer in the middle. Until three years ago I used my Yamaha 550 graphic equalizer to play castes. (I sold the eq to a friend three years ago. Go figure what a dumb I was) :rolleyes:

Of course in this configuration you only can equalize analog stereo signals coming from the tape deck. You will have to defeat stereo tone controls in your receiver.

I hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.