Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've got my 3802 taking in a 96kHz PCM signal through the coax input, but I haven't been able to get PLII working with this input.

The signal is certainly getting through: my 3802 reads '96KHZ DIRECT'. The 5ch/7ch mode also works perfectly, but the receiver doesn't respond to a button press for PLII (the DOLBY/DTS SURROUND button) or the DSP button.

When I switch back to 48kHz, things work just as I'd expect them to (all modes work).

I've had a look at the manual and, in the table at the back, it indicates that PLII processing is possible on a PCM stream. It doesn't indicate that this isn't true with a 96kHz signal.

So, can anyone else get PLII (or any of those useless DSP modes) with a 96kHz input?

Thanks everbody.

Andrew

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, it's in the UK manual too under the same section. It's even in a highlighted box: just missed it first time around.

It's kinda silly that they don't include this note in the table at the end: it's the logical place to look for information like that.

Thanks again.

Andrew

·
Registered
87 Posts
DPLII requires lots of number crunching. To do that at 96Khz I simply suspect lack of DSP power.

Cheers

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.