AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to listen to the tuner and still be able to view the TV?

Example when watching the Huskers I would like to be able to listen to the radio broadcast but when I switch to the tuner it blacks out the screen.

Anyone have an easy solution to this problem ?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Yes it is possible.

I put one of these in the other day while doing a full HT install. I clearly remember that the 3802 has this facility but I dont have the manual to hand in order to explain how its done.

(Manual is with client)

Have a good read and you will come across it.

(Very nice reciever by the way)

Eric

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have found the video select button, it is on the main unit, apparently the video select function is not available from the remote, I find this to be very frustrating, for I truly live in a remote world.

I guess when I watch local sports I will be sitting next to the main unit so I can switch the sound and picture back and forth from TV announcers to radio announcers......thanks Denon:confused:

Harley

·
Registered
654 Posts
There is a way to obtain the remote Video Select code.

If you own or can borrow a One-For-All Cinema 7, a Radio Shack 15-199x (3, 4, 5 etc.), or a Radio Shack 15-2104 universal remote control, you can generate the code and can learn it to your Denon remote. (Or better yet, just use the new Cinema 7 or Radio Shack remote for everything anyway. The C7 and 15-199x units are MUCH more powerful for setup and learning than any thing in their price range.)

The Cinema 7 can be bought at Sears for around $24 (and even less on the web.) The Radio Shack 15-199x series has been discontinued but you may still find one here and there (the closeout prices are around $20 or so.) The 15-210x series is new but they are not quite as useful as the old 199x units. (Personally, I like the C7 the best although is does not have a backlight. Several of the buttons do glow in the dark though...)

There is lots of good info on these remotes at http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/

The codes are device 0160 (for a Denon receiver) and advanced code 218 (which will switch the video select function.)

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I dug out my old Denon 1000 and low and behold on the remote was a video select, and was able to transfer button function to my remote, I guess Denon thought that this button would serve no purpose on the 3802's remote!

Thanks for the help, I have reread my manual, plus the tip about the radio shack remote got me thinking about my old Denon that is collecting dust in the basement.

Harley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.