AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

hya all im new to this forum and would really appreciate you help please?

my brother passed on a few years ago and i inherited his hifi setup-denon avr-3803 reciever and denon dvd 2900 plus miles of qed speaker wire/cables.

ive until recently had the dvd connected to my old sony trinitron tv via qed converter box and scart but decided after purchasing an lg 50 plasma tv to use the qed component cables i have instead because my reciever had no hdmi

but when i choose pure direct on the reciever when watching dvd i lose the dvd picture totally-but if i choose 5-1 stereo it returns?

i dont use pure direct anyways but its all very confusing

any ideas?]

cheers jed

·
Registered
15,079 Posts
The Pure Direct setting intentionally tuns off the receiver's video circuitry to minimize any potential interference with the sound. It's intended to be used when you're just listening to a high-quality audio source, not when you're watching video.

When watching TV or a video disc, the 5.1 setting is more appropriate. Direct and Pure Direct disable all audio processing, including bass management. Bass management redirects the lowest frequencies from your main speakers to your subwoofer, which is much better at handling them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts