AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using the Rotel 1075 amp to drive a Dynaudio setup (CS122, 42c, LR120). Using a old Sony processor as preamp now. Question is should I go for the 1066 or save me some cash and go for the 3803? I will only be using the 3803 as a pre/processor if I do get it. Attractive thing is that it's got extra 2 chs for me to hook up 7.1.

Another option is to get the 3803 and sell away the 1075. Would the 3803 be able to drive the Dyns in this case ? :(

· Registered
109 Posts
If you do decide on the Rotel, I agree with trentR, get the 1055 for cheaper and get a free 5 channel amp out of the deal to set up your 7.1 rears. The 1055 uses the same guts as the 1066 with the addition of the amp.

I assume you're in no hurry since you have a sony doing the job right now. You might want to wait until new units using DVI, HDMI, and firewire start showing up this year.

As far as how the 3803 sounds with your Dynadio's, try getting a demo unit from a dealer to take home and see for yourself (easier said than done). The only way to really tell how electronics will sound with your setup is by bringing it home for a test.

· Registered
303 Posts
I compared the internal amps of my Denon 5700 (140wpc) to the 1075 and there was no comparison. The Denon was compressed and lacked depth and clean bass compared to the Rotel. THe rotel really opened up the soundstage.

I think the suggestion of a 1055 is a good one, using the internal amp to drive the extra 2 channels.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.