AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done it. Just ordered the Denon 3803 for 698.06 2 - 3 week delivery time ..they are out of em. I have a Denon dra425r bought in 1992 and still works great.

As everyone knows' you always end up spending more than you plan.

My problem now is do I go with the Polk Audio RM6700 with the PSW404 sub (200w) for 800.00

or

order the Aperion 5.1 with sub 12" 250 w for 1400.

Aperion 600 more but (give u the 112" sub cuz they are out of the 10" for the same price) Also you get 140.00 cable kit free

so the difference in price is about 500 cuz with Polk I have to buy cables.

CNET ranked the Polk at 8.0

CNET ranked the Aperion at 8.8

I listened to the Polk last nite at CC and was impressed.

Hey I am 48 and have had 2 way B I C speakers for 30 years and they still work. Got my plasma in 2002 and just got a receiveer for OTA HDTV and now want surround sound.

From my research I may want to boost the center channel with the Polk system.

Ideas are appreciated and if you feel strongly about other speaker choices let me know. Remember the budget.

*****speakers **** wow choices ====> thats why they make red cars/blue cars/black cars ... CHOICES

·
Registered
212 Posts
Really an apples to oranges comparison, unless you consider a Polk setup that has 5.25 woofers in its satellites also. You have to go to the 7200 or 7600 to get mid woofers that size. The 3.5 inch woofs just don't woof much and will strain trying to produce anything under 180hz or so with the power from your new 3803.

I haven't heard the Aperion setup but for the money I would look into the 5.1 ELT Rocket setup from ********** they are quite a bargain for a matched set. ELT Rockets

I have gone with a Polk audio setup that uses larger 5.25 and 6.5 inches

mids and really noticed the difference from the 3.5s that I had in my RM6600s.

Dennis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dennis ,,,, thanks

I also listened to Infinity floorstanding with center and ceiling hanging back speaker for 1800 .... and was still impressed with the rm6700's

I will check out the speakers u recommend

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.