Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone know if you can hook up an equalizer to the Denon 3803? I know it has pre-outs and main-ins, but I'm not sure if hooking up an equalizer will work given the POTENTIAL way the denon MAY digitize the equalization, or leave it analog.

Anyway, anyone out there using an equalizer and can still tweak the remainder of the system to your hearts content? (pro's vs. cons welcome).

Thx,

Eric

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I am not sure that the 3803 has the right sort of outputs and inputs.

Are they currently connected with short jumpers? If not, what you may have are a full set of pre outs and a set of 5.1 inputs, but thats not what you need.

But, if they are connected that way, you will probably be fine.

The reason I am questioning the connections is that there are not too many receivers left with true pre outs and power amp ins. I just bought one, a NAD 762, specifically because I too have a Bijou and consider it an essential piece of gear.

BGL

·
Registered
654 Posts
The 3803 cannot accomodate a multichannel equalizer. While it does have a full set of pre-outs, it does not have pre-ins. The multichannel inputs are External Inputs for an SACD or DVD-A player. They are a true input, not part of a pre-amplifier loop.

If you used the 3803 as a pre/pro with external amps, then the eq could be set in between.

The benefits of eq are another matter. IMO, low frequency, subwoofer eq is essential (which is something you could do with the 3803.) For frequencies above the low bass ones, I feel eq should be the last choice in tweaking (after speaker choice, placement, room treatment, etc.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.