Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am a newbie and trying to get some help...

Just bought a Panasonic 42 inch EDTV with HDMI input.

Almost decided on Denon 3805 ... (Is it worth to spend 300 bucks more for 3806 ??? )

Now the question is .. Which Speakers ?

Room Setup :

I am using my Loft (which is on top part split level overloking living room). Loft itself is only 12 feet or mot. But one end of it overlooks living room which is 2 story height so 22 feet +

Thinking of wall mounting the plasma ....

So suggest me some good speakers which can go well with plasma and Denon 3805 or 3806 .... 5.1 or 6.1 or what ever ...

Mostly i will be watching TV, DVDs, and occasional music. Not a regular party freak.

MY BUDGET for speakers + subwoofer only -- around 700-900 bucks.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
At that budget, you need to go with the "Home Theater" package of your choice...one of those satellite speaker set-ups with a decent sub. Maybe a small Definitive Technology.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Seems like way too much for a receiver to drive speakers in that price range. I would get better speakers because the receiver will be obsolete in 2-3 years.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree with the previous poster - 3805 maybe too much for speakers in that price range - you should save the money and go for a Denon 1705 or so (or even a 2106, which is what I have) - invest the saved money into better speakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.