Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new on this forum and I'd appreciate your comments on the above 2 receivers, as I'm planning to upgrade my current AVR.

As far as reviews goes, both Denon & Yammie are pretty good gears.

Some people say it's just like flipping the coin and you'll be fine!

My current AVR is a Denon 2803, which is pretty nice and never gave me any headaches. Have to admit, therefore, that my decision leans a little bit towards Denon. In other hand, if we put both on scale, Yammie wins for a very tight margin (cheaper, THX badged, 130wpc, more dsp, mike included...).

I would then, appreciate any inputs on the above, in order to make up my mind the best possible way.

Cheers / Avliner

·
Registered
542 Posts
Have you listened to them both and done an A/B comparison? If so, I would do that first. If you don't care to audition them both buying or are unable to do so, let me know in this thread, and I will then give you my subjective input---BUT if you can, listen to them first (test movies, music, etc.) so that you already have your own opinion BEFORE getting input from here so that you won't be tainted in your own auditioning of the receiver(s).

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
why are you looking to upgrade? There probably won't be any difference is sound quality form what you have right now.Maybe a few more features but that's about it IMO.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have never been thrilled about the 3805, but if you get a player with Dlink3, it might be an ok choice. The Yammy is fine with it's nice GUI and good feature set. However If I were you, I'd wait for the Pioneer 72TXV/74TXVi (or whatever they're called).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval
I have never been thrilled about the 3805...
Could you elaborate a bit on that? What is it you do not like in yours: sound, features, reliability, price?

Quote:
but if you get a player with Dlink3, it might be an ok choice.
Curious about that comment too. Of course for the Denon Link to be useful, you need to invest at least $1000 more in a DVD player, and play SACDs with multi-channel tracks, right?

As mentioned in other threads, the 3805 has been discounted slightly, since the 3806 is coming out soon. Alas, the 3806 sounds like it might be more expensive yet. But it does have HDMI which might give you more pure digital paths if that is what you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.