AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone back and read all of the show reports, and searched the Forum for information, but I haven't been able to find any info on when Denon expects to release the 3805.

Hard information, rumors (unconfirmed or otherwise), even educated guesses welcome.

Thanks.

-T.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good enough. Thanks.

If only Denon would bring out a 4800-series receiver with component upconversion...

-T.

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
Did they get approval for SACD over their Cat5e cable? At CES they said it was still pending.

Also, when are they going to come out with a nice $250 universal player with the output for that. It doesn't make much sense to buy a $1000 reciever and then have to buy a $2k universal player to use a feature of it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
someone had posted that they are planning to release a uni-player around the same price point as the 3805.

similar situation of 1k rcvr and 1k player though

·
Registered
762 Posts
I wish there was more information on the 3805 since I've pretty much narrowed my choices down to this unit and the Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXi.

The Denon has an additional component-video in (at !00 MHz v. 40 MHz) with up-conversion from composite and S-Video to component (single cable to the display). It also has Dolby PLIIx, and 8-band (v. 5-band) parametric EQ and what appears to be a better remote.

The 55TXi has both i.Link (v Denon's proprietary Denon Link) and USB inputs and most likely has more "real" power. It also has the advantage of not being the first (potentially buggy) implementation of auto-setup and a THX-Select certification.

And Pioneer wins hands-down for a better website that that of Denon USA - talk about a website that appears to be an afterthought rather than a marketing tool.

A quick check of Denon 3803 pricing shows authorized pricing holding firm at $999 so it doesn't look like the new product release is imminent (either that or there isn't much product in the channel).

Decisions, decisions.

Bob

·
Registered
186 Posts
i'm rowing a similar boat bob,

i'm contemplating the marantz 7400 (now that some of the bugs seem to have been worked out), the nad t763, and the 3805.

i'm having a difficult time with the decision, partly due to timing (now or wait for the 3805)...and partly due to not being able to demo the units side by side (dealers of each spread all over the place)

good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Anyone taking pre-orders yet?

·
Registered
160 Posts
And by the time the 3805 is released Denon will announce the new 4800 series receiver and it starts all over again:rolleyes: :confused:

cheers laurie

·
Registered
762 Posts
I saw my local Denon dealer today and he said they had a 3805 on order and that they are expected to start shipping in the beginning of March.

Bob

·
Registered
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sounds Simple

And Pioneer wins hands-down for a better website that that of Denon USA - talk about a website that appears to be an afterthought rather than a marketing tool.

Bob [/b]
While I'm sure that Pioneer spent a lot more money on their web site than Denon did, Denon has more usefull information. You can't even download the owners manual for the Pioneer 55TXi.

·
Registered
762 Posts
dponeill-

My remark on the Denon website was mostly tongue-in-cheek; Denon's websites in other countries are quite nice. Come to think of it, I downloaded the manual for the equivalent model of the 55TXi from Pioneer's UK site.

Bob

·
Registered
762 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Is the adjustable high and low pass crossover (40/60/80/100/120/150/200/250Hz) for small and large speaker selection or is it bass management for individual channels?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mmx
just bought a refurb one at pcmall for $500
i presume you mean a 3803....the original post is for a 3805

·
Registered
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sbddvm
Is the adjustable high and low pass crossover (40/60/80/100/120/150/200/250Hz) for small and large speaker selection or is it bass management for individual channels?
It appears to be a single crossover frequency used to redirect bass to speakers set to small. It does not support individual channels like the HK receivers.

Bob

·
Registered
240 Posts
denon.com has all the specs and pictures up for the 3805. Realease date there is March....

I see a few places taking pre-orders for them now (jandr and others) at 1200.

Jason

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.