AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the UL have the feature that work as Audessey MultEQ XT from 3806?

* I love everything about the 3806 except for the price (DEMO $750+tax, authorized dealer/store)

* I am a little scepticle about the UL due to: beta model "still"; PLIIx concern; old firmware (since I plan to pick up an old one, but have not been used, $750); the deepth is 1" longer than my stand (modification required);.......... etc

If you are in the market, which one would you pick?

And, why would you pick one over another?

I am happy with picture quality from the OPPO 981 direct HDMI and Component from Cable box to TV so "could" careless about the HDMI feature on the 3806.

It's for a 30/70 M&HT in a 14x17x9 family room (carpet) adjoining kicthen (the same size) running 850 sign, 200,300 & UFW12.

Please help me get out of this, I asked this type of question before, but please allow me to ask again...........

Thx. for any feedback guys!!!!!!!!!

Truly appreciated your help and good day.

Kev.

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is the same thing I just went through, I couldn't listen to both side by side. I just bought the UL setup a couple fo days ago so I need to set it up so I can listen to PLII. I like the sound of the UL, but was toying at the thought of buying a used 3803 and seeing which one I like the best. If the 3803 sounds better I could keep it for a while and then get the newest 380? from Denon later. The UL is very clean, powerful and you can hear great detail.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerkn /forum/post/0

* I love everything about the 3806 except for the price (DEMO $750+tax, authorized dealer/store).

* I am a little scepticle about the UL due to: beta model "still"; PLIIx concern; old firmware (since I plan to pick up an old one, but have not been used, $750); the deepth is 1" longer than my stand (modification required);.......... etc

If the two are about the same price, and you love everything else about the 3806, and you have multiple reservations about the LMC-1, then the choice for you seems pretty clear to me. Go with the 3806.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.