AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having struggled through reading the manual and numerous threads here and after several months, I have been unable to resolve my issues. Someone here might know something I don't.

(1) My surround speakers (A) no longer work.*

(2) I can't get to the "PARAMETERS CHECK" menu

(3) I can't get to the "AUDESSEY" menu

Since it is possible that I or someone else may have configured this set with all kinds of complicated setups, is there way to RESET the amp to "factory default' and clear out all configurations?

NOTE: *When I do a speaker configuration and identify A+B surrounds, I could do a sound test and hear my surrounds. Therefore, wire connection is secure and OK.

Here is my configuration:

(a) I use a 5.1 channel setup (not 7.1)

(b) I have 3 sources of Video input: (i) LGHD 200 BluRay on HDMI (ii) Generic TV receiver on Component 2 (iii) MOTOROLA SAT RECEIVER on HDMI

(c) My audio input: (i) COAX 1 for the generic TV receiver above

NOTE: I also have my setup output to Dolby Digital. (And months back my 5.1 setup was working. That was before adding the generic receiver on Component 2.)

Many thanks for helping!

·
Registered
5,215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/18287294

Check in your Owners Manual for a Reset the Microprocessor procedure. Should be listed in the Table of Contents and generally listed near the back of the manual.

Beat ya!

Its actually near the middle. I looked in the trouble shoting section first. Not there. Had to do a search on "reset".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys are swell. I am at the office (PST TIME) and will check the quoted page when I get home and report back! Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must have preconditioned myself from all the post I have read that the Denon Manual for this unit and the remote leave much to be desired. Being a little tech savvy, I knew that "resetting" the unit to factory default would solve the problem but until I posted here, I could not find in the manual the instructions to proceed. Thank you for your help BLUES & JDS!

Indeed, I successfully wiped any prior configuration and did an auto setup. I am a little embarrassed to admit that my wiring was the culprit. The Audessey setup is just fabulous. It even detected that one of the speaker's polarity is reversed.

With all my problems resolved, I am in awe to see and hear what this unit can do and delighted that I made the investment. It is not the latest from Denon (with limited HDMI support) but certainly a solid and excellent unit.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariusone /forum/post/18293089

i must have preconditioned myself from all the post i have read that the denon manual for this unit and the remote leave much to be desired. Being a little tech savvy, i knew that "resetting" the unit to factory default would solve the problem but until i posted here, i could not find in the manual the instructions to proceed. Thank you for your help blues & jds!

Indeed, i successfully wiped any prior configuration and did an auto setup. I am a little embarrassed to admit that my wiring was the culprit. The audessey setup is just fabulous. It even detected that one of the speaker's polarity is reversed.

With all my problems resolved, i am in awe to see and hear what this unit can do and delighted that i made the investment. It is not the latest from denon (with limited hdmi support) but certainly a solid and excellent unit.

Excellent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts