AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since past few months I am getting the Internet favorite Presets that I have saved under A1 to G8 get garbled. I had taken config.dat backups since the past three years. A few days back I tried to load a saved dat file to re-initialize the internet persets from the saved config.dat file.

From that day I experience very strange behaviour of the NET/USB -> Internet radio. I'm only able to select once a radio station, and this selection cannot be changed till I power cycle. Somehow the ENTER button doesn't react. Also I cannot save any new favorite internet stations as a preset or a favorite save and the server keeps hanging. I think I experence this after the last firmware upgrade: main version 2.04.

My stat return switch reads the config as follows:

Serial No. AVER27101502537

Main Ver: 02.04

Sub ver 01.11

DSP1 ver 36.61

DSP2 ver 39.49

Ethernet IMG - I200809050744

Eternet BL- B200707020733

Ethernet CNEC 20080905

Ethernet Web- W200809050808

Ethernet Mac - 00005cd 161D53

GUI FPGA config A080719A

GUI Prg 00007621

GUI dat 37750020

DGTL Pld 00.50

After reading these texts I even reset the factory settings, removed the plug at the back and disabled UpnP on the router and tried loading the saved dat files, from configa to configg.dat But the same power cycle Internet radio problem persists.

Does anyone experiences the same difficulties with this functionallity? Might be a software problem only I guess. Is there anyway to bring back to factory settings in any other way or install some fresh software or re-initialize the micropro without this above process?

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
You need to try a full microprocessor reset. You'll have to start over on your settings, which is a drag for redoing all the presets.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 /forum/post/20835889

You need to try a full microprocessor reset. You'll have to start over on your settings, which is a drag for redoing all the presets.

I did the DSP simulation with Status power reset as well as the up down arrow reset with power, think that the micropro as well as the factory settings are done, but still the internet radio does not play one station after the other without a power recycle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On checking all the threads on the 3808 for microprocessor reset, the only answer looks like the following:

- Unplug the Ethernet cable.

- Turn off the main power.

- Hold down the 'Standard' and 'DSP Sim' buttons (note: microprocessor reset "hard reset")

- Turn on the main power

- After the display flashes 5 times or so release the buttons

- After the unit finishes booting up turn off the main power

- Hold the 'up' and 'down' arrow buttons (note: this described in instructions procedure #2 for firmware prior to 1.57)

- Turn on the main power

- After the display flashes 5 times or so release the buttons.

- Re-connect the Ethernet cable

- After you see an IP address in network info, try updating the firmware again.

After doing this the factory and firmware should be reset and the firmware update should begin but I only get the same Update: Latest. This shows that the firmware nor the microprocessor is getting updated with the above procedure.

Could someone please tell me if there is any other way to reset the microprocessor to factory setup and the firmware can be reset so that my internet radio starts working as before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts