AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PS3. Trying to use it as a music server to zone 2. however I can't get this to work it is very frustrating. I have read through the post and feel that it should work. Am I missing something.

I have 3808 set to 7.1, onkyo 2 channel amp output to zone 2 by the pool. Ps3 hooked up via HDMI, audio output via optical, only checked the 2 ch pcm to be output on audio format. I can play the IPOD in zone 2 so I know everything is hooked up correctly. Denon link is not assigned to any input source.

I only have a 8 gb ipod with 24 gigs of music. I would like to get this to work and not buy the 80 gig ipod.

Oh everything is set to just stereo no matrix dd or anything and it still won't work.

Anybody have any suggestions?

thanks

steve

should be zone 2 sorry

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
I am pretty sure the extra zones only work from analog L/R sources.

I am not sure about this model, but with past Denon 38xx series stuff, I always had to hook up L/R analog in addition to the digital audio connection to make it work.

Not sure how that fits in with the PS3 functionality. Will it send both at the same time? Not sure.

·
Banned
98 Posts
The Multi Zone digital to analog out stereo PCM is only available from the Optical or Digital Coax input. It will not do multi zone digital to analog PCM from HDMI.

When you have the reciever assigned to HDMI as the video source it turns off the feature even though its input is optical.

Why not network the reciever to your music folder?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.