AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'd like to use our Denon to run multizone into an addition. However, the manual isn't very clear as to how exactly to do it.

Do I need a separate pre-amp, or another AVR hooked up, to run the speakers? It's just a set of left/right for music, nothing fancy.

Any input, or posts that you could point me to, would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,309 Posts
2 options..
1. To use the L & R back surround amplifiers for Zone II, then only 5.1 available in the main room.
2. Use an external amplifier from the 3810's Zone II audio L & R line outputs

Note that the source audio inputs into the 3810 need to be analog to have audio output for Zone II. For example, if using a DVD player connect the digital out plus the L & R stereo output from the player. The digital output is for the multi-channel audio in the main room...

Just my $0.025...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I thought I would buy an inexpensive AVR with a selection for Speakers A + B. Then, I would run the the Denon=>dual speakers AVR=> to BOTH twin great room speakers and twim outdoor patio speakers.

Think this makes sense?

If so, does anyoen even make a dual speaker zone AVR? Doesn't even need 5.1, just analog inputs for Denon to use and then Speaker A and B clips!

·
Registered
372 Posts
You can not output to zone 2 any signal that is input only by HDMI. A signal input by digital coax, fiber optic or RCA can be sent to zone 2. You can also use an old receiver for the second zone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.