AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 3808CI. It's plugged into a 1080p TV (Sony XBR2, 46"). Into one of the HDMI ports is plugged in a Comcast/Motorola DVR set top box.

I want 3808CI to deinterlace/upscale any 480i signal coming from the SD channels of the Comcast box, into 1080p. For that matter, I want to see how it performs with 1080i->1080p deinterlacing of HD content. The receiver can do these things, right?

I think I've set all the options properly:

MANUAL SELECT / HDMI

i/p Scaler AtoH & HtoH

Resolution 1080p (also tried Auto, same result)

Progressive Mode AUTO

Aspect Full

Color Space YCbCr

RGB Range Normal

Auto Lip Sync ON

Audio TV (for now... no speakers, yet)

SOURCE SELECT / DVR

Video convert ON

Right?

Nevertheless, my display shows it's receiving 480i when I switch to an SD channel on the Comcast box, or 1080i on any HD channel.

Under HDMI INFORMATION, I see that the AVR knows my TV supports 1080p/60 (and all the other resolutions). Nevertheless, it shows that the HDMI signal is either "480i->480i" or "1080i->1080i," as if it refuses to upscale/deinterlace. Any idea why?

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
There's a Denon 3808ci thread that receives a lot more traffic. How do you have the cablebox connected to the Denon? Component? HDMI?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue /forum/post/12971637

There's a Denon 3808ci thread that receives a lot more traffic. How do you have the cablebox connected to the Denon? Component? HDMI?

I did post in that thread, as well. (Bad manners, perhaps?)

Correct, the cable box is connected to receiver through HDMI.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit /forum/post/12969957

I just got a 3808CI. It's plugged into a 1080p TV (Sony XBR2, 46"). Into one of the HDMI ports is plugged a Comcast/Motorola DVR set top box.

I want 3808CI to deinterlace/upscale any 480i signal coming from the SD channels of the Comcast box, into 1080p. For that matter, I want to see how it performs with 1080i->1080p deinterlacing of HD content. The receiver can do these things, right?

I think I've set all the options properly:

MANUAL SELECT / HDMI

i/p Scaler AtoH & HtoH

Resolution 1080p (also tried Auto, same result)

Progressive Mode AUTO

Aspect Full

Color Space YCbCr

RGB Range Normal

Auto Lip Sync ON

Audio TV (for now... no speakers, yet)

SOURCE SELECT / DVR

Video convert ON

Right?

Nevertheless, my display shows it's receiving 480i when I switch to an SD channel on the Comcast box, or 1080i on any HD channel.

Under HDMI INFORMATION, I see that it knows my TV supports 1080p/60 (and all the other resolutions). Nevertheless, it shows that the HDMI signal is either "480i->480i" or "1080i->1080i," as if it refuses to upscale/deinterlace. Any idea why?

Believe it or not, it was the "Sound: TV" setting that was doing it. I guess it doesn't like to upscale into the TV if it's also sending sound to it, for whatever reason. That was just a temporary thing until I get my speakers in, so no big deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts