AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a Denon 3310 or Denon 3808 receivers. I don't know which one to choose. The 3310 has 2 features that is nice; Anchor bay upscaling, and Dynamic eq and dynamic volume. The Denon 3808ci has a better amp, better bur-brown???, and better multi EQ XT calibration.

I don't need video upscaling; most of my components output 1080p already.

What I want is Quality Audio comparable to the Denon 4310 which I have listen to and love, but its not in my budget range.

Also I don't need Pro logic Z. Not planning to put up height speaker for this setup.

My components are:

Pansonic pz85 plasma

Panasonic BD35k

Nintendo Wii

Xbox360

Ps3

Please help me choose the right one, as they are both in my budget.

Thanks!

·
Registered
30,154 Posts
if you don't need the better video processing, and you don't care about PLIIz.... why is this even a discussion? The 3808CI will have better raw sound quality -- heavier, beefier amps, better DAC's, MultEQ XT, etc -- and you can get Dynamic EQ/Volume as an extra $100 upgrade. If the biggest advantages of the 3310CI are things you don't care about, your choice seems pretty obvious to me!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/17017853

if you don't need the better video processing, and you don't care about PLIIz.... why is this even a discussion? The 3808CI will have better raw sound quality -- heavier, beefier amps, better DAC's, MultEQ XT, etc -- and you can get Dynamic EQ/Volume as an extra $100 upgrade. If the biggest advantages of the 3310CI are things you don't care about, your choice seems pretty obvious to me!!

Hi Batpig, I just needed someone to confirm that it is better. I wasn't confidence that the 3808 is better, because it was made 2 years ago. I didn't know you can upgrade for 100 dollars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.