AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the 4308 at closeout pricing, but notice that I can get the 4310 for about $75 more.

Anyone with a recommendation? I'm confused by what Denon's done with their numbering system. Is the 4310 the upgrade to the 4308?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Well, the 4310 is a step up from the 3808ci from what I can see. There is another unit coming I think in September that will one up the 4308ci, but cannot remember the model number off of the top of my head.

I own the 4308ci (140 wpc) and can tell you it is a fantastic unit, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a powerful clean sounding AVR. The only advantage that the 4310 (130 wpc) has is an extra HDMI input and the Anchor Bay video along with the latest Audyssey that I can see just doing a quick look see... And I think there was a new Dolby sound feature too, I believe for better 7.1 sound.

I don't know, but I would probably either wait for the 4308ci replacement, which will be $$$ when it is first released or just go with the 4308ci that you found. I can tell you that any of the bugs that were present in the 4308ci have been worked out as I was one of the first kids on the block to own one.

Maybe someone else will chime in with their thoughts, but I would probably nab the 4308ci at the prices I have seen floating around recently. It will put a smile on your face.

Mike

·
Registered
7,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzenheimer /forum/post/16854181

I am looking at the 4308 at closeout pricing, but notice that I can get the 4310 for about $75 more.

Anyone with a recommendation? I'm confused by what Denon's done with their numbering system. Is the 4310 the upgrade to the 4308?

From what I've read it seems that the 4310 is a replacement for the 3808 as the the 3310 is a replacement for the 2809. They have added the ABT video processing to the new models. The other new model due out is the 4810. Haven't seen full specs on it yet, but price is in the 3K if I recall correctly. The 4308 does have a better amp section than the 4310 and also has Wi-Fi. The disadvantage at this time with the 4308 is you have to pay an extra $100 to Denon to get the Dynamic Eq and Volume package. These are already on the 4310. I'm also looking at these models along with the 3310. Decisions, decisions. Batpig is the resident Denon expert and has an excellent page describing virtually everything you need to know on these AVR's along with setting them up. He'll chime in shortly and give you the full scoop on these models as he knows a heck of a lot more on Denon's than I do.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/16854491

They have added the ABT video processing to the new models. The other new model due out is the 4810.

Just how important is the video processing? Can I turn it off and just use the processing in my TV (XBR6) and my BR player (PS3)? Is there any advantage to using the Denon processing?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzenheimer /forum/post/16855538

Just how important is the video processing? Can I turn it off and just use the processing in my TV (XBR6) and my BR player (PS3)? Is there any advantage to using the Denon processing?

You can pass the video through, or use the Denons, your pick. I have my 4308ci set to "auto", beautiful pq on the plasma.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.