AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm trying to get my system hooked up and I'm running into some kind of issue. When I plug everything in and switch to the cable box everything runs fine. When I try to switch over to the Xbox One I get a Input Frequency out of range error. I tried switching the rs1 to the both input hdmi ports. I also tried moving the Xbox one to every port and tried multiple cables. This problem doesn't happen when I switch out the 4311 for my other receiver the denon e400.

Has anyone seen a problem like this? i'm assuming its on the receiver end but it seems the projector is the one having the issue since I get audio but not video.

Projector: JVA DLA-RS1
Receiver: Denon 4311
Xbox One

Thanks

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I have a JVC RS-1 as well and the HDMI handshaking is terrible... You have to remember the RS-1 uses HDMI 1.2... It worked fine with older HDMI receivers (I used an Onkyo TX-NR905 and a TX-NR906 which were HDMI 1.3a). But I switched to a Pioneer SC-67 (with HDMI 1.4) a couple of years ago and I always get the Frequency out of range issue... The audio would come up pretty quickly but it would take 10-20 seconds before the video appeared. I just have been putting up with this issue.

On a side note, my old Denon DVD-3930CI DVD player (with HDMI 1.1) does NOT work at all with the Pioneer. So I believe that the older HDMI protocols are not 100% compatible with newer HDMI specs. From what I read, it appears that the RS-1 fares better when using HDMI port 2 on the projector but it is not confirmed.

I suspect the problem you are getting is related to the differing HDMI standards. I discussed this issue with an installer I know and he confirms that differing HDMI devices causes all kinds of headaches for him...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah what's weird is it works with the denon e400 which is a newer reciever and both use 1.4 I believe lol. I'll keep poking around the settings for now

I have a JVC RS-1 as well and the HDMI handshaking is terrible... You have to remember the RS-1 uses HDMI 1.2... It worked fine with older HDMI receivers (I used an Onkyo TX-NR905 and a TX-NR906 which were HDMI 1.3a). But I switched to a Pioneer SC-67 (with HDMI 1.4) a couple of years ago and I always get the Frequency out of range issue... The audio would come up pretty quickly but it would take 10-20 seconds before the video appeared. I just have been putting up with this issue.

On a side note, my old Denon DVD-3930CI DVD player (with HDMI 1.1) does NOT work at all with the Pioneer. So I believe that the older HDMI protocols are not 100% compatible with newer HDMI specs. From what I read, it appears that the RS-1 fares better when using HDMI port 2 on the projector but it is not confirmed.

I suspect the problem you are getting is related to the differing HDMI standards. I discussed this issue with an installer I know and he confirms that differing HDMI devices causes all kinds of headaches for him...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figured out a work around!

Reset all display settings on the Xbox. Power down Xbox then hold the power and eject button for 5 seconds or so for anyone wondering.

It loaded the system up in vga resolution and just manually set it back to 1080p and it worked. Looks like the only thing it changed was it checked the "allow 50hz" box which is weird since I'm not in the uk. Oh well I guess lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had this same exact issue. After moving my Xbox from a LCD to my Sony projector,I received no video with a message " frequency out of range". I restored the Xbox to it's default settings and realized the color depth was 24-bit. My LCD allowed 36-bit. So, basically, having the color depth set to an unsupported format created the error. I'm sure you had the same issue.

I realize this thread is dead, but I think it important to update for others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts