AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which of these units to purchase and why? I will be using it mostly for HT. Are there any major differences, except the upconversion on the 3803, and general appearance? I plan on paring the receiver with Klipsch speakers.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I would also like to hear peoples opinions. But more specifically I'd like to hear comparisions between the 3803 and the 4802R. Does anyone have a 4802R yet?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I have the 4802 and it is a lovely piece of equipment. When I moved from the 3801 to the 4802 I noticed a difference in the sound immediately. It is well built. I now use it as a pre/pro for a Sherbourn amp and the difference, to me, between the stand alone 4802 and the 4802 with the amp is as noticable as the the difference between the 3801 and the 4802.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I did not listen to the 4802. It was out of my price range, and didn't have the switching ability the 3803 has. I choseto get the 3803, and I will add an external amp later. I should have better features, sound, and power than the 4802 by itself for around the same money. If I was thinking of the money for a 4802, I would have looked into spending a bit more to get seperates to start with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.