Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends!

Well, I am once again back to the audio area of my HT, and I have my eyes set on the following setup:

Denon 3803 Receiver

Ascend Acoustics 7.1 setup:

6 CBM-170's

1 CBM-340 center

1 VTF-2 Sub

While I'm sure I would be satisfied with the above. Can or would anyone here feel that the $1000 extra for a Denon 4802R be justified? Or the upgrade to a VTF-3 Sub be justified? My room is really not that large (22'Lx13'W) if that makes it any easier!

Thanks in advance for any input!

You guys rock :)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Crown I would look at the the 3805 and if you need to spend the extra grand you could get some off board power

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JeffC,

I'd really rather not spend the extra grand but I would if there were some BIG reasons to.

I must do some reasearch on this 3805!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I couldn't find anything on the 3805 on the Denon site, is there anywhere I can go to find out more? What is supposed to be different from the 3802?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Crown,

For the time being I would stay with the 3803 or else wait for the 3805. Being the 4802R and 3803 processing capabilities more or less the same, the 4802R has a much better amp section. But in case I were looking for power, I' rather spend my money in a separate power amp. In fact I myself am going for the Rotel RMB-1075, which I auditioned three weeks ago paired up to my 3803 as pre/pro.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
739 Posts
If you can go with the revised 4802R. its a similar unit to the flagship 5803. And yes the amp section in the 4802R is much better than the 3803.

after doing some research i just bought he 4802R for my bedroom to go with my plasma, and it a great piece.

I also agree with JorgeLopez11 depending on your needs $$ , and what room this unit will be used for, you might consider separates. A processor and a amp for a cleaner sound.

Carlos

·
Registered
654 Posts
The pre-amp section of the 3803 is newer and based on the chips inside, technically better than the 4802R. BUT, the 4802R brings THX processing and clearly beefier amps. You just have to decide which one meets your needs better...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.