AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone using either of these for prepro only?

whats the opinion of how they might compare in this role?

i have a 7.1 setup. i am currently using a preamp and a gemstone amp( 200 watts*7). i have, will be using two subs. i'm interested in the velodyne free-standing sub equalizer that will soon be available. i'm ready to get one of the denons because i like the room equalization and other bells and whistles. i can't decide which way to go, 5805 or 4806.

will either of these setups work? whats the advantages and potential problems? which would be the best?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Going from the 4806 to 5805 gave me better video with DCDi, eq mutiple sub locations for a smoother bass, warmer sound with my Klipsch, because the DAC's are better In the 5805. Way better build quality, and you'll get a good backup power If your gemstone amps go. The only thing I'm waiting on Is the Firmware update for HDMI analog and OSD upconversion. Go with the 5805, It's the BEST, and It's HUGE!! Good luck :)

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"hdmi analog and osd upconversion," what do you mean?

what functions will be realized with that?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl b
"hdmi analog and osd upconversion," what do you mean?

what functions will be realized with that?

It means that you can run composite, s-video, component, DVI and HDMI In, and output one HDMI for all video to your T.V.

·
Registered
444 Posts
It seems like a real waste to me to use a top end receiver as a pre/pro when you already own a multi channel power amp.

Is there a pre/pro new or used that has the same features you are looking for? The amplifier section in a Denon 4806/5805 does not come for free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.