AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that my remote is not allowing me to enter the set up mode area that allows for this process.

I want to set the component output to 480i to feed my latest gadget (KDS HDL). The remote lets me do the basics such as on/off, play, open tray, close tray etc. but I can't get into the other set up modes.

Is there a "reset" or "status clear" sequence?

It could be op-error as well!

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike Miles

·
Read the FAQ!
36,027 Posts
In the trouble-shooting section at the back of the user manual there is a sequence for re-setting factory defaults across the board -- usually used if you set a parental password and then forget it. But that's probably overkill.

Let's try this: Make sure the unit is powered on and any current DVD is Stopped -- not playing or paused. Use the knob on the front panel and make sure the Pure Direct mode is at Normal (factory default) and the DVI output is DVI OFF (see page 47 of the user manual). When you twist the knob to display such a setting you also have to press the knob in again to actually MAKE the change.

Video should now be coming out of the player on your Component cables. Verify that your TV display is properly synched up to the player over the Component cables by doing something that will bring a message up on the display such as opening and closing the disc tray. Be sure the DVD is Stopped when you are finished.

Now, using the remote control, and with the DVD currently Stopped, press the Setup button on the remote control which you will find just under the Repeat button and to the left of the Dimmer button. Do not confuse the Setup button with the Pic Adj button which brings up a different set of adjustment menus.

Your TV screen should now be showing one of a set of Setup menus. See page 24 of the user manual. If you can't bring up the Setup menu using that button in this fashion, it is possible you have a broken button on your remote control. Unfortunately there is no front panel button equivalent. You may need to bring the unit to a store to try another remote control just to see.

If the Setup menu displays on screen as it should, then cursor right to the Video Setup menu and then cursor down to the Video Out portion of that menu. Cursor right once again and you will have a choice of Progressive or Interlaced output on the Component cables. Select Interlaced and hit the Enter button on the remote control (the middle button amidst the cursor up/down/left/right buttons). You should now have 480-interlaced signals going out the Component cables.

--Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.