AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
591 -

Discrete amp circuitry (unsure about 567)

22.5 pounds

Audyssey Mult-EQ

Dynamic Volume! (A nice feature the Yamaha does not really have an answer for I believe)

MSRP lower

567 -

24.25 pounds - possibly a better power supply, possibly not

Analog to HDMI conversion (591 does not list this feature, but check the manual)

YPAO

MSRP higher

I would say there are a few obvious decision points -

* Do you NEED analog to HDMI conversion? If so, Yamaha is the only real choice, but check the 591 manual to be sure it lacks analog to HDMI

* Do you want Dynamic volume? If so, get the Denon

* Which one can you get a better deal on?

* If you want the unit with more power, I guess it's the Yamaha, but the difference is probably small

·
Registered
18,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyX /forum/post/19649449

any reason to go with one but not the other,?

Did you not read my post where I give a number of reasons for your consideration?
Maybe because I spent over 10 minutes of my own time posting some differences, you could spend a little time yourself doing some comparisons (all the info is on the web sites, and in the manuals), and come up with some more specific questions

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I am not convinced the Denon has the better amp section
It's nice that it has analog to HDMI, Denon's site did not show that box checked.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The 591 does upconvert all VIDEO to HDMI. It doesn't even have component video outputs. It does not scale or process the video.

It does not upconvert the audio, though. This means that the standby passthrough feature only works for HDMI inputs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.