AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which one of these is better for a 20ftx 13ft room. My budget is $500-700.

6300- $499 or 591BA-$599 .

or would you recommend the DIY option of Pioneer 1020 or Onkyo 608 receiver with a 5.1 set of speakers (say energy take 5.1) which brings the total to $750 ?

I know this a wide range and I am trying to narrow down.. initially i would use this in a 3.1 setup.

thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
it seems that the 591ba is the best HTIB under this budget, it has a good set of speakers compared to the others HTIB. If you are planning to use a 3.1 system for now, why don't you buy a receiver and then add the surround speakers in the future?

I was about to buy the 591BA and then I noticed that for a little bit more I could get a much better speaker set, the polk monitor are on sale at newegg you could buy a pair of monitor30 + cs1 center for $140, add a good entry level sub for $200 you would have ~350 to buy a receiver and in the future you could add more speakers to build a 5.1 or even a 7.1 system...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I listened to the 591ba combo the other day, it was okay but nothing that really impressed me. I was looking at buying that bundle myself. I listened to the 391 yamaha package, the boston acoustic speakers, klipsch HT, and even an HTiB definitive package - not much difference between any of them.

Then I listened to a pair of Klipsch tower speakers - wow, what a difference. The experience made me believe that there isn't much difference in the little speaker packages - a little but not much. Personally, I will have to upgrade speakers at some point to be happy with the quality so I am planning to put more focus on the receiver.

I guess what I am trying to say is buy quality components that can be upgraded.

·
Registered
29,118 Posts
How bout the Jamo S413 package? Bigger speakers than 591BA and better speakers than the Onkyo HTIB. The limitation of little satellite speakers is they dont play very low, usually 120hz is the bottom end so they always sound thin. they dont do a very good job of filling up a medium-large sized room.

$200 for 5.1 and then add whatever receiver you want with the remaining $300-$500 in your budget. Plenty of good receivers in that price range.
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it..._c=site_search

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was having the same dilemma between the Denon 591BA and Onkyo 6300. Well, I ended up bringing my iPod to the nearest Fry's Electronics and they let me hook up to both systems. After playing with different music styles (classic music, dance, pop rock, metal) in my iPod and switching back and forth from those 2 systems, I realized that the Denon 591BA had a superior sound. But that was just me. If you guys get a chance, try listening both by your own and play with the settings. A word of appreciation to the Fry's clerk who let me use and abuse of the sound

Hope that helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts